Monday 17 August 2015

Life Lesson

We live a life, oblivious of what is life,
It's been taught life goes a full circle,
But we always ought to make it vertical.

While turning the pages of my life I observed,
The first page was written by my mother, not me,
Filled with love and gratitude for the Almighty as she was reborn by my birth,
And with the tales of warmth bestowed on me.

The next page was quite hard to read,
As I had just learnt to write,
But happiness and joy were all one could derive from the pencil shades,
Holding my father's hand, I was beginning to see the world.

As I turn the next page,
Things were given more importance than emotions,
As I got fascinated by the possession of others,
Forgetting the most precious possession, my parents and their unconditional love.

Rest all the pages perceive almost the same emotions,
As we thereby start living a life,
Without the biggest feeling called love,
Only driven by the hunger of success and wealth,
Without being grateful to anyone,
Crushing all those who come in our way,
Miles away from happiness,
Stressed by the targets and results,
Finding joy in luxuries and pleasures,
That usually fades away in seconds.

Why do we humans forget?
Life is only about thanking what we have,
Not about thinking what we don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment