Sunday 10 May 2015

Mother's Day

I am an inseparable part of you, my mother,
Because you have given numerous parts of your life to me.
You gave me a part of your womb to grow and nurture for nine months,
You gave a part of your food to feed an unborn soul,
You gave a part of your hand to bite when I cried in your lap,
You gave a part of your chest so I could afford a heavenly sleep,
You gave a part of your finger so I could fearlessly walk the world,
You gave a part of your breath to get the sweat off my forehead,
You gave a part of your eyesight to sew my broken buttons,
You gave a part of savings to pay for my school trip,
You gave a part of your sleep by staying awake with me during exams,
You gave your part of my favorite dish after I quickly finished mine,
You gave a part of your teachings to make me a better human being,
You gave a part of your tears when you saw me crying,
You gave a part of your luck by praying for me each morning,
You have and will always give a part of everything till you are left with nothing.
No paper is big enough to summarize your dedication,
But there's something left to say without any hesitation,
You gave your sun and moon to make my earth heaven.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment